Friday, January 13, 2012

How This Works



I know nothing about cars. Nothing. Never changed my oil or fixed a flat. I get a different reading every time I check the air pressure in my tires, which makes me think I’m even doing that wrong. My biggest success is changing the headlights. (Never mind that I bought the wrong ones in the first place. That was a fluke--I forgot the model year of my car.) I was bound and determined to change my own brake pads (did all kinds of research online about it and we all know you can learn anything from strangers online), but glad I decided not to in the end. Turns out that cars have back brakes too. Huh. Who knew? I would have changed the front brakes.

My first class is next Tuesday night, January 17, 2012. If all goes according to plan, I’ll have a diploma in Automotive Fundamentals by May 2013. I don’t know where I’ll go from there. I’m just taking it one step at a time. There’s a fine line between giving up too easily and pushing yourself to do something you despise and I have no idea how I’ll feel about it.

If it doesn’t work out, I think I’ll try horticulture next.
Or welding.

No comments:

Post a Comment